Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
Last updated: September 29, 2023, at 9:00 a.m.
Beyond all else, our highest priority is the health and safety of our entire Twin Cities Habitat community— staff, clients, volunteers, supporters, and all our neighbors across Minnesota.
As part of the Habitat family, you understand the power of community action. Thank you for playing your part in promoting the well-being of our entire community. If it's within your capacity and you'd like to financially support Habitat through this time, you can make a donation here.
Our facilities and operations are following strict safety protocols:
- Our main office at 1954 University Ave., St. Paul lobby hours are Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. — 4:00 p.m. The lobby will be closed on Fridays. We will operate by appointment only for those who wish to conduct meetings outside the specified timeframe.
- Both ReStore Home Improvement Outlets (Minneapolis and New Brighton) are open with safety procedures.
- In-person volunteering is active. Following CDC guidance, vaccination and testing are not required but are encouraged for volunteers joining us on site. To ensure the safety of everyone on site, we still encourage healthy practices such as staying home when sick, washing your hands regularly, and listening to healthcare experts as new information becomes available. Masks are optional for all, regardless of vaccination status.
- A Brush with Kindness services have resumed with safety protocols.
- Most events are in-person, with safety protocols.
Read details below or jump to these sections:
Meetings will be held by appointment only and may occur in person at our office. Virtual appointments continue to be offered and are encouraged. All visitors must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 within 48 hours of your visit. We are committed to your partnership with us and to supporting your family through this difficult time.
Current Habitat Homeowners
Habitat is here to support you. If you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have concerns about paying your mortgage with Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity or TCHFH Lending, Inc., please contact:
- AmeriNat at (800) 943-1988 or email@example.com
- or -
- Brooke Buchanan, Mortgage Servicing Coordinator, at 612-305-7193 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- or -
- Habitat will also offer availability for walk-in meetings with current homeowners on Tuesdays and Thursdays during lobby hours.
We know some Habitat homeowners have received misleading offers to help with mortgage assistance or foreclosure prevention from other parties that are not Habitat. Some of you have also received calls offering to purchase your home. Please do not respond to these offers. Working directly with Habitat as your lender is your best option.
Homeowner Development, Financial Coaching, and Lending:
- A Homeownership Program Information Session is available for interested clients to view on demand. Go here for more information.
- Intake is conducted via email, phone, or in person by appointment only.
- Financial Coaching is conducted via phone or in person by appointment only. Our Homeownership Advisors are certified for virtual coaching.
- Homebuyer Education Classes are conducted via webinar.
- The mortgage lending process is conducted via email, phone, or in person by appointment only. If you have an upcoming closing, your mortgage closing will be in-person following best practices for social distancing. Look for more information from your Community Loan Officer.
Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention:
- Counseling is conducted via phone or in person by appointment only. Our Mortgage Foreclosure Counselor is certified for virtual counseling. We are here to support you. Find more information here.
A Brush with Kindness Home Repair:
- We are no longer accepting new applications for Home Repair projects.
- Interior and exterior projects have resumed with COVID-19 safety protocols.
- If you're seeking home repair assistance, view additional resources here.
Following CDC guidance, vaccination and testing policies are not required but encouraged for volunteers joining us on site. To ensure the safety of everyone on site, we still encourage healthy practices such as staying home when sick, washing your hands regularly, and listening to healthcare experts as new information becomes available.
Read volunteer protocols here.
Thank you for your understanding as our protocols continue to change. We look forward to seeing you on site soon! If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
In-person events and Special Builds have resumed with COVID-19 safety protocols in place. All in-person Home Celebrations are canceled until further notice.
Both ReStore locations are open (New Brighton and Minneapolis) and operating with added safety protocols. Masks are optional, regardless of vaccination status.
Headquarters at 1954 University Ave, St. Paul
Our main office at 1954 University Ave., St. Paul is open to staff and public. Our lobby hours are Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The lobby will be closed from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and all day on Fridays. We will operate by appointment only for those who wish to conduct meetings outside of the specified timeframe.
We ask any visitors refrain from visiting the TCHFH main office if either of the following has occurred:
- You have been in recent close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- You are currently experiencing COVID-like symptoms and/or have recently tested positive for COVID-19 (please reference CDC Guidelines for isolation best practices)
We greatly appreciate your continued support, patience, and trust as we navigate this together.
In a time when very little is certain, you can build stability and certainty for your neighbors with a gift to Habitat.
Thank you for your support!
Get the latest updates from us by subscribing here.
Minnesota Department of Health Hotlines
COVID-19 Public Hotline
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For single-family residences
For multi-family residences
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mental Health Support