Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity affirms its social and legal commitment to promote an atmosphere and environment that recognizes the principle and practice of equal employment opportunity. As such, Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status with regards to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Hiring Philosophy
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity team members are motivated by our mission and live out our core values each day. Our teams are collaborative and innovative. We seek employees who are comfortable adapting to change, are understanding of perspectives not their own, and are willing to learn from others.
We invite applicants who are problem solvers and who balance self-direction with teamwork. We seek employees who desire an organization which values collegiality, respect, and pride in workplace.
We care deeply about our employees. We offer a competitive benefits package - including the newly-introduced paid parental leave policy - and aim to create professional development opportunities, both within our organization and through external education experiences.
A Philosophy of Diversity & Inclusion
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity strives for a diversity of thought across our organization. This means we are committed to cultivating and preserving staff who reflect the Twin Cities metro area. We hope to attract candidates who broaden our diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religion, cultural experiences, skills, and community representation. We believe the inclusion and amplification of our differences create a more effective workplace and a more compassionate world.
We work to accomplish our diversity and inclusion goals, in part, through:
- A commitment to transparency by providing clear expectations to all applicants
- The promotion of hiring practices that embed and integrate equity and remove unnecessary barriers to employment
- The adoption of a developmental model and tool that identifies and addresses the presence of implicit biases in organizational processes
- The intentional and ongoing commitment and investment to build intercultural competency within cohorts of leadership, hiring managers, and staff
- Active partnerships with local organizations to address larger themes regarding equitable access to employment
- Observance of fair hiring practices and reporting, in accordance with equal opportunity employment regulations and organizational values
We care deeply about our
- Freedom to choose one of our two medical plans:
- tiered choice copay plan
- one high-deductible health plan with health savings account and free premiums for employee-only coverage
- Free primary care home visits & virtual healthcare
- Dental plan with orthodontia coverage and free premiums for employee-only coverage
- Free preventative care, dental exams, and eye exams
- Vision plan
- Coverage available for your spouse, domestic partner, and/or eligible dependents
- Pet insurance (because we know the health of your pet is important too)
Plan for the future
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance at no cost to you
- Life insurance at no cost to you
- Supplemental life insurance available for purchase
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
Enjoy time off
- Paid vacation days to recharge:
- 1st through
2ndyear: 20 days per year
- 3rd through 5th year: 25 days per year
- 6th year and beyond: 30 days per year
- 1st through
- Paid sick time to get better fast:
- 12 days per year regardless of employment length
- Nine paid holidays to
celebrate:New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day. Our robust vacation package recognizes employees’ diverse needs for time off beyond these nine paid holidays.
Make an impact
- We pay you to volunteer in your community—two paid days to make an impact with an organization of your choice
- Participate in all-staff build days at Habitat
- Discounts to Habitat-sponsored events
- Opportunities to participate in Habitat for Humanity Global Village international builds after one year of employment
Note: All benefits are subject to change without notice. Comprehensive benefits package will be included in position offer.
All opportunities are located at Twin Cities Habitat's St. Paul office, unless otherwise noted. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.
How to apply
Along with your resume, your application material is strengthened with a cover letter. Cover letters help us learn a little bit more about you, but do not need to be extensive in length. While you may include many items, here are three questions we recommend you address.
- Why are you interested in applying for the position?
- What is attractive to you about working at Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity?
- What special/unique personal or professional experiences or skills do you have that would help us meet our mission?
Cover letters should be attached to resumes and submitted as one document, if possible. Your resume will not be disqualified if it is submitted without a cover letter.
We read through all applications and sometimes we get hundreds of applications for one role. Depending on the number of applications we receive, it can take up to a couple of weeks after the deadline to read the applications and select a group of candidates for interviews. We select candidates based on the strength of match of the position needs and the candidate’s skills and experiences, objectives, and narrative (cover letter).
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by our Human Resources (HR) department to arrange a time for the initial phone screen. Subsequent rounds of interviews will be explained by an HR representative as appropriate.
Why outlining this process is important to us
Due to the high volume of open positions and candidates, the HR department is often unable to follow up individually with all applicants. In most cases, you’ve reached this page because you are interested in getting more involved with Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity. For this, we are grateful and want to provide as much clarity around the process as we can.
We hope additional transparency about our process will help level the field and take the mystery out of what happens next.
Thank you for your interest!