Are you ready to create homes from the comfort of yours? Our (virtual) Hard Hat & Black Tie Gala is coming up on Saturday, April 24 at 7:00 p.m.!You'll enjoy 100+ fabulous online auction items and an inspiring program hosted by Habitat favorite T. Mychael Rambo. Make sure to stick around for the rocking After Party hosted by Joetta Wright with an exclusive performance by local singer-songwriter Ashley DuBose, coming to you live from the Dakota Jazz Club.
The Hard Hat & Black Tie Auction is now open! Click below to start bidding. You'll come back to this same link to join the main event on Saturday event.
This virtual event isn't our typical gala, so we've lined up some Frequently Asked Questions to help you have the best night ever.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I attend the event?
You can access the virtual event by clicking here.
(if clicking the link doesn't work, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://ve.ahgive.com/ve/M93QQMY/signup)
When you reach the event platform, you'll create an account with our bidding and virtual event partner, Auction Harmony. You'll find everything you need right in the platform—You can bid on auction items, view the program on Saturday night, donate generously, chat with guests, and more.
We will also share the event platform page with you through our Facebook event page and reminder emails.
I attended the virtual Gala last year. Do I login with my credentials from last year? Or create a new account?
Registrations from last year do not carry over. You must create a new account by clicking the "Sign Up" button if you have not signed in to this year's Gala yet.
When should I join the event?
- Auction bidding opens on Thursday, April 22. Browse the items and start placing bids on Thursday (pre-registrants will be given early access via email).
- Then, be sure to log in on Saturday, April 24 at 7:00 p.m. for registration and bidding and get settled for the program to start at 7:30 p.m. sharp. Simply go to the Hard Hat & Black Tie event platform and you'll be able to join the event from there.
Does it cost anything?
Nope, it’s free!
Who is this for?
Everyone! This family-friendly virtual party is great for ages 0-112.
Where are my party packets?
You can get your Party Packet and Kids Party Packet right here:
What do my gifts go to?
Your gifts support our At Home Fund to protect homeowners and expand Habitat homeownership opportunities during this COVID-19 crisis and beyond. Please give your most generous gift at the Gala.
I can’t tune in—how can I give now?
Thanks for asking! You can give online here.
When I tune in, will others be able to see me?
Nope. This is a one-way viewing experience. However, we encourage you to interact with Habitat and other attendees through the event chat and on social media using #hardhatgala!
I logged in to Auction Harmony and I can see the video, but when I click the buttons in the top menu it seems like nothing happens?
Just scroll down on the page. On some screens, especially smaller ones like iPads, you might not see the buttons below the video for Auction, Make a Donation, Checkout, and Learn More. Scroll down on the page and you should see them.
How do I complete my auction purchase and/or donation?
- First, you'll be prompted to enter your credit card information when you bid on an auction item or make a donation (even if you plan on using a different payment method).
- Next, you'll need to finalize your purchase(s) by clicking the "checkout" button after the auction closes (or whenever you're done if you're not bidding on anything). There, you'll see your total, including all auction items you won and your donation.
- Once you complete your purchase, you'll be emailed a receipt. If you pay by credit card, your card will be charged on Monday, April 26.
What if I want to pay for my donation and auction items with something other than a credit card?
No problem! You’ll still have to enter a credit card to bid or donate, but when you get to Checkout, just select “I want to pay a different way.” Then specify your payment request and we’ll contact you to process the payment. You can pay by check, stock, or a gift vehicle like a donor-advised fund. You can also split your payment and pay for just your auction items with your credit card and your donation another way. Just add it in the notes section.
Why did I get an email from Auction Harmony that shows a remaining balance?
After you check out, Auction Harmony sends an automated email with a receipt that shows your item(s) and/or donation as a "remaining balance." This is simply because your card (or other gift payment) won't be processed until Monday after the auction. So don't worry about it! You will receive an acknowledgment email from Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity within two weeks of the event with your total tax-deductible portion from your auction items and/or donations.
How will I receive my auction items?
Auction items will come with instructions for how to receive them. But it will likely be one of two methods:
- If it's a certificate, you'll receive it in the mail.
- If it's a larger item, there will be times for you to do curbside pickup from our headquarters in St. Paul. If you can't do curbside pickup, let us know and we'll figure out a solution. There are some items that cannot be shipped or delivered outside of the Twin Cities - these are noted in the auction descriptions.
What's the theme?
If you've been to the Hard Hat & Black Tie Gala before, you know we like to have fun. This year's theme is sLumber Party: With these beams, we're building dreams. Even though it's virtual, get in on the fun by dressing up! Go all out with your construction couture outfit or get comfy in your finest lumberjack flannel PJs.
What’s the hashtag?
Look at you being all social-media savvy! It is #HardHatGala. Please share photos of your construction couture (or favorite lumberjack flannel PJs). You can even get your kids and pets in on the act!
Get excited for the Gala After Party with our promo video featuring Joetta Wright and Ashley DuBose!
If you have a question that wasn't answered, please ask in the comments below and we'll respond!
Special thanks to our Hard Hat & Black Tie Sponsors: