Five years ago, foreclosures in Minnesota were at an all-time high. Thankfully, with recent changes in legislation, much of the foreclosure activity has been quelled.
The foreclosure crisis may be slowly fizzling out, but there remain homeowners for whom the threat of losing everything is alive and terrifying. If you count yourself among them, there are a number of questions you can ask to determine the level of risk you may be facing:
- Have I missed a house payment?
- Has my financial situation changed as a result of job loss, divorce, mortgage payment increase, medical expenses or any other reason?
- Do I have credit card debt?
- Do I struggle to pay utility bills on time?
- Am I unable to make my monthly housing payments?
- Have I received a pre-foreclosure notice from my lender?
If you answered yes to any of these, you may be at risk of foreclosure. Thankfully, there is still hope. Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity’s Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention Program (MFPP) helps homeowners at risk of or in mortgage foreclosure; if this is you, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (612) 305-7163 or click here to learn more about Twin Cities Habitat’s MFPP.