With 2016 less than a month away, many of us are busy brainstorming New Year's resolutions and our list of goals for the coming year.
While this is an exciting time in which we finally are able to take the time to figure out what we would like to accomplish, strategize how we will achieve our aims, and prepare for the renewed resolve that the beginning of a new year will provide us, sometimes we forget that we still have time to get things done before January 1st.
During the few remaining weeks before we start 2016, we can make sure to finish 2015 right.
Limited on time during the month of December? There are ways you can incorporate making a difference into holiday preparations:
- Bake an extra batch or two of your delicious treats to share with Habitat volunteers!
- Spend a couple hours volunteering at the ReStore. Then shop for gifts and stocking stuffers that will go towards building decent, affordable homes in the Twin Cities!
- Donate to a good cause! Make a gift to Habitat before the end of the year and receive tax benefits, as well as help more families have a stable home of their own for the holidays!
- Spend memorable time with family members and start a new tradition volunteering, like the Mandel family!
- Enjoy cocoa and holiday cheer while volunteering in the Habitat office!
- While looking for your holiday decorations in the attic, if you see any unwanted furniture, building materials, or other items, donate them to the ReStore! All donations made to the ReStore may be tax-deductible so drop them off or, if you are unable to transport them, schedule to have them picked up.
- While you're out holiday shopping, remember that giving a gift to Habitat in honor of a loved one is a great way to let them know how special they are.
Don't rush to get to 2016. Enjoy the closing days of 2015 and take advantage of this time by doing something special to make a difference and support Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity!