Minnesota's legislative session began on Tuesday, January 3, 2017. With no bonding bill or special session in 2016, we're anxious to be back at the Capitol, working to ensure that all Minnesotans have a safe place to call home.
Where we live impacts every aspect of our lives. When families have stable housing, they can focus on work, school, and their health, which helps to strengthen our communities along the way.
Twin Cities Habitat, as part of Homes for All, will request $130 million in investments for safe, stable, and affordable housing across the state:
- Invest $100 million in bonds for housing to build and preserve housing throughout Minnesota.
- Include an additional $30 million in the state budget for programs that help prevent homelessness, provide supportive services, and promote home ownership.
In his 2017 bonding proposal, Governor Dayton included strong investments in affordable housing infrastructure to preserve and develop safe, stable, and affordable homes throughout Minnesota. This is a great start-now’s the time to urge your legislators to support housing investments as well!
We know that Minnesota will thrive when everyone has a home. Here's how you can help this session!
- Sign and send this postcard to your legislators to share your support and urge their support of investments in housing.
- Save the date! Join Habitat on Tuesday, April 18, 2017, for Habitat on the Hill-MN at the newly-restored Capitol. Please register for this free event here!
- Take an hour to visit with your legislators at the Capitol. We will be happy to accompany you and provide all the information you need to meet with your legislators. Call 612-305-7102 or email to schedule a time that works for you!
Thank you for all you do as a Housing Hero. We couldn't do all this important work without you!