Whether you're completely new to Twin Cities Habitat or you're a longtime supporter looking for a new way to connect, there's always a way to help out. Depending on your skillset and what you want out of a volunteer experience, you could lend your talents to our various programs in a number of ways.
We are now scheduling volunteer opportunities on construction sites and at ReStore Outlets following strict safety protocols. All individual and group volunteers are required to watch a safety orientation video and agree to new COVID-19 safety guidelines to participate.
The following list provides some great ways to get involved and support the Twin Cities Habitat mission:
Volunteer With Us
We have plenty of ways for individual volunteers and groups to help us out on a homebuilding site, at our ReStore outlets, or in our main office (when it's open). See our Volunteer Page for more information about available volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer on a Home Build Project. Since we almost always have build and repair projects ongoing, your support is always needed here. Better yet – you don't need to have any construction or contracting experience! You must be at least 16 years old to volunteer with a chaperone, but anyone 18 years or older can volunteer on their own.
- Volunteer at ReStore. In the Twin Cities, we have two ReStore Home Improvement Outlets: one in Minneapolis, and the other in New Brighton. ReStore outlets are always looking for volunteers to help greet shoppers and organize the store. To volunteer at ReStore, you must be at least 14 years old with a chaperone; anyone 16 years or older can volunteer on their own.
- Join the Habitat Hype Team. Hype volunteers engage with us on social media and help raise awareness of Twin Cities Habitat in your social networks.
- Join a regular crew. As a member of a regular crew, you can learn new skills and meet other great volunteers while keeping a regular schedule of ongoing volunteer work.
- Join one of our committees. We have multiple committees that could always use a few new members! Some of our more popular committees are: Hard Hat & Black Tie Gala, Home Celebrations Committee, and Women Build Committee.
- Take on a landscaping project. After we complete a home, we need to make sure it has a beautiful lawn. You can sign up to help with landscaping (generally only in June and September). But again, any volunteers under the age of 16 must have an adult over 21 with them to volunteer.
Still not sure what role is right for you? Sign up for our volunteer emails to stay informed about future volunteerism, unique opportunities, and last-minute needs!
Make a Donation to The Mission
- Give a gift. No matter the size of the donation, your gift supports our work to create and preserve homeownership in the Twin Cities.
- Include Habitat in your will. Get started with our secure online tool, FreeWill. Or learn about other ways to create a long-lasting legacy with Habitat.
- Join the Carpenter's Club. You can become a Carpenter’s Club members when you start a recurring monthly donation. Benefits include 500 points to use in our online volunteer store, discounts at Habitat’s ReStore Home Improvement Outlets, and of course, the satisfaction of knowing your contribution is going further every month.
- Donate household items to ReStore. Our ReStore outlets’ inventory is completely made up of donated appliances, furniture, lighting, and more, and sales of those materials directly fund our mission.
- Donate your old vehicle to our Cars for Homes program. If you’re upgrading your car, consider donating your old car through Cars for Homes!
- Sign up to donate your birthday. When your birthday comes around, you can rally your friends and family around local families who partner with Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity.
- Donate Real Estate. Donate a home or land parcel to help Habitat with the first step in the building process! By making a gift of real estate, you get tax benefits while making a personal impact for local families.
Other fun ways to connect and make a difference
- Refer friends and family to our programs. Odds are, you know a renter who could buy a home with Habitat. Send them to buywithhabitat.org to learn more.
- Become a Housing Hero. Sign up to receive action alerts so you can make a difference for affordable housing by contacting your elected officials!
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter. Stay up-to-date with what’s happening at Twin Cities Habitat!
- Shop at ReStore. You’ll find great products, materials, appliances and tools for your home improvement projects—at a great price! You can also subscribe to ReStore “Hot Deals” emails for even better savings.
- Connect with us on social media! We're on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Follow us to stay up-to-date on the impact of your support and more ways to get involved!
- Tell us about your experience with Twin Cities Habitat at firstname.lastname@example.org. You never know—it may appear as a guest post on our blog!
If you're still not sure how you can help, or if you have a new idea or skill you want to share with us, email us at email@example.com. However you can help, we appreciate it – and so do the Twin Cities families who partner with us to achieve safe, stable homeownership.